Extra charges, dispute with Airbnb

David3179
Level 2
New Albany, IN

Extra charges, dispute with Airbnb

I have been hosting for 18 months,  I had some serious issues with damage claims early in my listing,  Airbnb settled for a fraction of the actual damagesI learned to protect myself by requiring person identification before the reservation stated,  installing security cameras at entrance, requiring deposits of all guests listing specific charges that could be incurred for such things as extra people sneaking in or laundry charges..  

There is only so much you can do to protect yourself,  these efforts dramatically reduced the number of claims and the severity of said claims..  

However,  I recently  encountered guests that had extra guests beyond the reservation,  and brought in and cleaned several large boxes of clothes to take advantage of the laundry facilities , all without payment..  Additionally they damaged sheets and left a terrible mess in the kitchen for me to clean.. 

I submitted a claim of 310.00 dollars additional to Airbnb and they decided to settle this case for $80.00

My question,  What are the realistic chances of prevailing in a dispute mediation with Airbnb,  and secondly,  what retaliation should I expect from Airbnb.. 

Thanks in advance for the advice. 

David

0 Replies 0