Entire Place but host present for part of day

Paul912
Level 2
Liverpool, United Kingdom

Entire Place but host present for part of day

Hi,

I've used airbnb before and really enjiy it, i always choose "Entire Home (have the place to yourself"

But doing a quick search for this I recently noticed the folloing on a entire home listing

Interaction with guests

Present from 12:30 to 16:30, outside of these hours we have a security system for guests to access the apartment. 

At first I just though cleaning but the the house rules are guest to clean and tidy during stay. 

So my question is, should this be classed as entire home or another as the place is a studio apartment so seems a bit strange ans there are no reviews.

Thanks

P

6 Replies 6
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Paul912, if you are interested in booking the place, but only if it is an entire home, the thing to do is use the "contact the host" link to ask the host what is meant by "present from 12:30 to 16:30". Perhaps it is not what it seems. If it turns out not to be an entire home, you might want to point out to the host that it is wrongly categorized, and that could get the host in trouble. As a first time host, they may not know that. They will be grateful for your help. 

Paul912
Level 2

Thanks @Lawrene0 I have done just that to find out. 

I think it may just be an error or typo

@Paul912@Lawrene0 maybe the host means that they are off-site, but available if you need them from 12:30 to 16:30.

It would seem strange to live in your own house for only 4 hours a day...

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

That seems likeliest, @Matthew285. A complex, perhaps. What did they say, @Paul912?

Paul912
Level 2

Hi @Lawrene0 

yep host contacted it was an error and should have been for check in/check out or other incidentals.

That's great @Paul912. Glad to hear the end of the story, and that it was something that will be easy for the host to make clearer.