Emails coming in wrong language

Amy640
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

Emails coming in wrong language

The emails I am receiving to confirm my booking are in Chinese. I don't speak Chinese. My profile shows me as living in the U.S. I can't find a setting to change this. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thank you.

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Amy640 ,

Maybe check your account settings (menu: edit profile, section : preferred language and section: languages) for correct settings.

Hope this hellps, Emiel

Simi1
Level 3
North Bergen, NJ

Hello Amy,

At the bottom of the message box, there should be a green text field the says “Translate this conversation to English.” Clicking on that field should do the trick!

I hope that helps.

Simi

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Amy640,

Welcome!

Were you able to change the language in the end?  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Nina204
Level 6
Pittsburgh, PA

@Amy640 @Quincy @Simi1 @Emiel1.  I am having an issue with my Tropicana listing.  It is all in English until someone books, then the tell us about your trip is what seems to be Arabic.  In the beginning the whole listing was and I changed everything to English but this one little section is still written in Arabic with a button they can push to translate?  Any ideas on how to change this to English?  Thank you!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nina204,

Items like "Title and Description" can be created by hosts in more then one language. Other items like "guest resources" can be written 1 language only. Maybe choose english for those items. You mention "about your trip" section, could not find it on the listing (but my Airbnb site is in Dutch...). I thought you maybe referred to "guest resources", which is a section on same page as "title and description", but scroll down towards it.

Best regards,

Emiel