Electricity billing for longer term lets

Electricity billing for longer term lets

Hi Folks,

for 2023 looking at promoting some longer term letting. However, electricity usage and costs are slight concern.

For stays above a certain timeframe or s it possible to add additional costs for electricity, or other practical ways to manage?

Thanks in advance,

Daragh

2 Replies 2

@Daragh5   In theory, if your listing very clearly discloses that utilities are not included in the price and will be assessed separately, you could at least request the payment(s) from guests via Resolutions.  But "AirCover" explicitly doesn't cover utility usage, so Airbnb will not collect anything on your behalf if the guest declines the charge. 

Unless that policy changes, you'd be much better off sticking to shorter-term bookings with an adjusted nightly rate while using Airbnb. Planning ahead, it makes sense to shorten the time frame in which your calendar's open to the period in which your main expenses are still relatively foreseeable. For long-term letting, I'd go the more conventional route with a lease agreement and leave Airbnb out of it.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Where I live, usually LTR dont include electric monthly rentals are discounted I guess it's what ever deal you can do, I have some villa's on long term at the moment but they are not on Airbnb, 

One thing I do insist on is my cleaner once a week that way she can keep her eye on things,

Some renters like to arrange their own, like pool cleaning and gardens,

You have to consider other things, Internet, Cable TV, Pest control once a month who pays for that?