Does a new co host get paid on reservations arriving that booked months before?

Joey28
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Does a new co host get paid on reservations arriving that booked months before?

To clarify I'm asking if a Co Host gest paid for guests arriving even if those guests had booked their reservation before the co host agreement was made? 

I assume the answer would also clarify weather a co host gets paid on future arrivals that were booked while the co host was working with the admin listing, but no longer working with them when the future guests arrive. 

I'm having a hard time trying to phrase these two questions properly so here are two examples...

Example 1

"Airbnb Joe" accepts "Co Host Bill's" proposal to take over primary host dutues for 20% of the profits on Dec. 1.

On Dec. 2 a guest arrives that booked 2 months earlier. Does "Co Host Bill" get paid 20% for that guest per the agreement accepted on Dec. 1? 

Example 2

"Co Host Bill" has been the primary host for "Airbnb Joe" and they finally decided to end that relationship on Jan. 31. The month of Feb and March have many bookings coming in that were booked by "Co Host Bill". Will "Co host Bill" be paid on any of these guests arriving after the termination of the co hosting agreement? 

1 Reply 1

@Joey28 - when you add a co-host, they start getting paid on every reservation attached to that listing.  HOWEVER, you can share and not share earnings at any time, so for reservations that were made a month ago, before you hired a co-host, but are occurring now, after hiring a co-host, they will get paid for  that unless you manually adjust earnings for that reservation.   A co-host's pay is not dependant on when the reservation was made but when it occurs. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1537/how-do-i-pay-my-co-host 

Once you agree to have them help as a co-host for your listing and to their proposed fee, their percentage of the booking earnings will be deducted for each reservation.

You can start sharing your booking earnings (and any cleaning fees paid by guests) with your co-host on a date you both decide on, and you can stop sharing earnings anytime. Be sure to discuss the specifics together as you work through their proposal to host your space.