Disabled account

Disabled account

My I attempted to book a reservation with a friends card in late October and my account was disabled, I contacted customer service then and received this email today; I have not received a bad review or violated any terms

Of service. 

Airbnb
Airbnb Customer Experience

Charlie B, Feb 13, 20:36 CST:
Hi Manny,

Thanks for reaching out.

We regret to inform you that we'll be unable to support your account moving forward, and have exercised our discretion under our Terms of Service to disable your account(s). This decision is irreversible and will affect any duplicated or future accounts.

Please understand that we are not obligated to provide an explanation for the action taken against your account. Furthermore, we are not liable to you in any way with respect to disabling or canceling your account. Airbnb reserves the right to make the final determination with respect to such matters, and this decision will not be reversed.

We'll contact you if anything changes in the future, but until then, we won't be able to assist you any further with your account issues. Please see our Help Center for further information: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/432.

Thanks,

Charlie B
www.airbnb.com/help

THIS EMAIL IS A SERVICE FROM AIRBNB CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE.

THIS EMAIL IS A SERVICE FROM AIRBNB CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE.
For more information visit our Help Center

7 Replies 7
Michael477
Level 10
Cholula, Mexico

Hi @Manuel161. What do you mean by "book with a friend's card"? 

Saludos
Michael

I tried to book using my account and a friend who was a staying with me's card. 

Hi @Manuel161:

That is not allowed in AirBnB: You need to book with the preferences you adjusted in your profile, meaning YOUR credit card. It is not allowed to use a card which is not the one of the member, safety issue!

regards

Michael

Saludos
Michael
Michael477
Level 10
Cholula, Mexico

Hi @Manuel161:

>I have not ... violated any terms<

->

>book a reservation with a friends card<

So I guess you did!

Regards

Michael

Saludos
Michael
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I can see how that would happen.

David
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

How is Airbnb to know the card belongs to your "friend" and you are using it with their full permission vs. using a credit card you stole from someone you don't in fact know or have permission to use?  All they can see is the person with the account is using a credit card with a different name and address.  I can see why they would cancel your account.

I presume because the name and other details on the card doesn't fit with that of the guest. And it was flagged as fraud - hence them cancelling the profile.