Directions for guests re: adjusting HVAC system during their stay

Victoria369
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

Directions for guests re: adjusting HVAC system during their stay

Keep in mind that I have explicit "step by step" simple instructions written in great handwriting above the control box in all 3 of my Airbnb locations in reference to how to turn the AC or heat on during their stay and how to turn it off before they check out.

********I am now providing a video of  "my finger" operating the control for each Airbnb location and have decided to ensure that my heat is not left on "emergency heat" or my AC is not left on a frigid temp when they check out********.

I will message my guest and inform them if they have problems adjusting my HVAC to let me know and I will send them the video in an attachment.

Yeah, I know..... maybe a little over the top but I have had too many instances which require action. Luckily I do not live too far away so I can go check soon after each guest leaves.

There are manuals too in case they need more info on the HAVC along with my plethora of signs scattered around the locations on everything from A-Z because I have come to the conclusion that most guest do not read the house rules or manuals. Some guest never see the rules etc. because someone else booked it and they are along for the ride.... I also suggest in my communication with the guest that is booking the stay to share the information with the additional guests on the list.

1 Reply 1
Kaylee18
Level 10
Hamilton, Canada

@Victoria369   LOL I love the video idea! That's too funny...smart idea for those who don't understand written instruction...