Deaf guest not responding

Debra15
Level 2
Connecticut, United States

Deaf guest not responding

My guest is 100% deaf and travelled here alone.  Not responding to texts or messages.  Have not heard from her in 24 hours.  Bedroom door is locked.  What do you suggest?

2 Replies 2
Tracy76
Level 2
Bradenton, FL

Can you shove a note under door explaining you are worried about her and ask her to shove it back before a certain time if she is ok. ?Explain that if you do not hear back by the note or by text you will be entering the room at a certain time with a witness to conduct a welfare check as you are concerned. In the meantime advise Airbnb of the situation and your plan of action - they may try reaching out for you. If you do not hear back from the guest by the time stated call the police and ask how to proceed with a welfare check. (you may not need police presence if its a room in your own home, not sure what the legality is but I would assume like in a hotel as long as you knock first and have genuine need to enter you would be fine)

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Great advice from @Tracy76

However it's not clear from your post - is the guest inside the room with the door locked or has she locked the door of her room, gone out and not come back.

If she is inside I would follow @Tracy76's advice. Make sure you have taken advice from the police or a health professional.

If she isn't,  she  could have decided to stay with a friend.

In either case call Airbnb straight away and ask them if they can reach out to the guest to put your mind at ease.

Do let us know what happens.