Damage by guests

Patricia1545
Level 2
Canterbury, United Kingdom

Damage by guests

Hi all,

This is the first time I have written on here but I often read the threads and get advice from them.

I have been hosting for about 18 months and have loved it.I am hoping to get some advice. My last guests messaged me when they arrived to say thank you for letting us stay ,your house is beautiful and we will treat it with upmost respect. They also messaged to enquire on the history of the house during there stay.when I arrived back to the house I noticed a chunk out of our quartz kitchen worktop and messaged them to ask how this has happened and did they know where the missing bit was so that I can get it repaired but no reply.

They have already written a review but I don’t want to review them because I’m worried that the review will be bad as I questioned the damage.She hasn’t replied to my message. 

Any advise?

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Patricia1545 

They probably don't check their Airbnb inbox after their trip is over. Do you still have their phone number or email?

If they don't respond you can contact Airbnb, let them know what happened and ask them to contact your guest and ask where the missing part is.

You can also get an estimate for repair and file a damage claim. You should do that before your next guest arrives or within 14 days. If you have another guest checking in the same day then inform Airbnb ASAP about the damage so they can put a note in their system.

They have already written a review but I don’t want to review them because I’m worried that the review will be bad as I questioned the damage.

Their review will appear whether you review them or not.