Channel Manager

Andrea190
Level 1
Lucca, Italy

Channel Manager

Hallo,

Does someone know if is possible to connect Airbnb to the Channel Manager and with the instant availability on line ? As there are no tracks  on the portal, moreover there are no phone numbers, no emails, no forum, nothing to ask someone of Airbnb about this (Is it right when we hoteliers must reply and very fast, not to go down in the ranking ?). I also asked to a Channel Manager but they say that it does not work well, it is very slow and sometime you have to wait  half a day to have the availabilty renewed after the booking. Is it true ?

35 Replies 35

siteminder is a flat $119 per month.  No per night fees like Kigo

Hi Conrad,

Are you using Siteminder? For how long? What are you using for your booking engine? I have just had a disaster situation with switching from My allocator to Direct Connect and need to change to another one asap. Let me know how you like yours.

Thanks

Sudha

Nacornhostel0
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

I want to connect Airbnb to the Channel Manager and with the instant availability on line

I found something that might work.  myallocator connects to airbnb.  and they have cloudbeds as a PMS and the total is $119 for me so I  might switch.

Hi Conrad,

I'm using My Allocator. But I'm having trouble linking Airbnb to it. Can you help me out on the steps please?

Hi,

i have sveral properties on the same airbnb account (airbnb dint want me to have 2 accounts duo securty). do i need to make seprate accounts? i will use 2 chanel menagers?

do i have to use option direct bookings or no?

Hostaway can connect all properties and sync rates, availability and reservations across multiple platforms. You do not need a separate PMS and the fee is just $10/listing/month.

on the hostaway site, AirBnb isn't listed as a partner....

Same, I also use HotelRunner and it costs me just 1% commission. And they also provide a direct two way connectivity to Airbnb, which is great. 

Mark-0
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Beds24.com has a fast XML connection to Airbnb, it also supports iCal

Den0
Level 3
United Kingdom

Does anyone have experience with Avantio? Response time, help, easiness, payment options, API etc?

You should definitely check out Nuevah !

I have been working with it managing 7 apartments, and some vacation rentals for almost 4 years and its really great. It really saves me lots of time every day and I get a lot more bookings (from channels i didn't use before because couldn't afford overbookings). It usually takes maximum 1 hour to sync with Airbnb. They also have a refresh button that can be clicked to update the calendars instantly!

Nuevah UI is super intuitive, the system is quite cheap (they don't charge % commissions, it's a flat fee) and the customer support is amazing, they really help you out a lot!

Check it out, hope it helps! Nuevahospitality.com

Jacob

I would reccommend HotelRunner. I have been using them for almost a year now and its been great. The sync times are quick, and the Channel Manager runs efficient. 

And they offer a free setup session,  which is great for a smooth start. 

Regards,

Peter

Tamim2
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

A channel manager is an essential tool for professional hosts to manage their properties on multiple platforms. Choosing the correct channel manager is often a difficult decision with so many options out there. There are some primary factors to consider when making the right decision: 

1. XML/API capability with multiple channels. 

This is essential to achieve real-time synchronization and avoid the massive hassle of double booking. XML also brings in many crucial features for inventory or pricing management which the primitive iCal technology lacks. 

2. An integrated property management solution

As you already decided to pay for a platform for channel management why not have features to automate your guest and housekeeping communications? The best channel managers can also help out solve the critical pain points such as holiday pricing strategies, payment processing, automated communications and even provide you with a personalized website for direct bookings. 

3. Pricing of the channel manager 

Never go for a % based channel managers, they always cost you more money in the long run. A flat progressive pricing model suits you the best. 

As an Airbnb host myself who has managed over 65+ listings at a time, I can recommend using BookingAutomation.com for your needs of not just a channel manager but an entire property management system. I am part of the Booking Automation team, and I can help you quickly integrate into our system. As well, we have a two-week free trial which you can start anytime. 

Conrad1
Level 2
St Augustine, FL

I use LittleHotelier/Siteminder.  It is a  Property Management system (light, ie. not full featured) but free, developed to help them sell their Siteminder Channel Manager.  Costs $119/ month with NO commissions.  They also integrate with Stripe for payments if you need it.  They only recently integrated with Airbnb, but so far, so good.  And they offer a heckuva lot of other channels too.