Cannot decline enquiries - Enquiries frozen

Answered!
AraBnb0
Level 2
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia

Cannot decline enquiries - Enquiries frozen

Dear all,

We have recently listed our property and we are not getting our first bookings and enquiries. I have the following problems:

1. As you can see in the screenshot below, there are 3 enquiries "open". I have already sent a message to the three guests but for some reason, I cannot decline the enquiries. I have tried blocking the calendar, but the enquiries stay open. Also, when I click on "Decline", it takes me to the conversation (screenshot 2), where the only option available is "special offer".

2. This is apparently affecting my response rate, since it is fix at 0%. I have replied to all requests within less than 24 hours, and still everything seems to be blocked, as if my actions where not being logged.

Is something wrong here or there is something I am missing??

I would appreciate your help very much!!!!! Thank you!

Cannot decline enquiries.pngCannot decline enquiries 2.png

1 Best Answer
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @AraBnb0 🙂

There is a lot of glitches with the airbnb app in the moment. If you got problems with the app use the webpage instead until the app is running smoothly again. 

Another thing. When receiving an inquiry all you have to do is to write a reply to your guest/as fast as possible of course in order to keep your response rate 100%. There is no reason to press the decline button ever as it most likely will hurt your ranking/what page you will be on when people search for a place to stay. So avoid declining - a response is enough to keep your ratings up :-). 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @AraBnb0 🙂

There is a lot of glitches with the airbnb app in the moment. If you got problems with the app use the webpage instead until the app is running smoothly again. 

Another thing. When receiving an inquiry all you have to do is to write a reply to your guest/as fast as possible of course in order to keep your response rate 100%. There is no reason to press the decline button ever as it most likely will hurt your ranking/what page you will be on when people search for a place to stay. So avoid declining - a response is enough to keep your ratings up :-). 

@AraBnb0 when you have replied and want to delete the inquiry you press the "dismiss from dashboard" link you can see on the top inquiry. 

AraBnb0
Level 2
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia

@Sandra856 Thank you very much! I am actually using the website, not the app...but yes, it totally looks like a glitch.

I will proceed as you indicated 🙂

We appreciate your help very very much! Thank you!