Can we warn others about disrespectful guests?

Claudine138
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Can we warn others about disrespectful guests?

A guest recently left the back door wide open, stained the oak floor with split drink and broke the shower. (I've requested she pays for the shower to be fixed but no response as yet). She didn't have any previous reviews and I doubt will leave me one so my negative review of her presumably won't show on her profile. What's to prevent her doing this to someone else? 

3 Replies 3
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Claudine138 If you review a guest and they don't review you, your review will still post on their profile after the review window closes (14 days after the stay ends) so don't worry other hosts will see the review and be warned.

Have you raised a claim through the resolution centre for the shower breakage?

Best wishes

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Yes I did raise a claim but she didn't repond and the 72 hour window unfortunately overlapped with when the next guest was due so Air bnb couldn't get involved. 

Claudine 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Claudine138  Please review this guest honestly to warn other hosts- as Paul says, your review will be published whether she writes one or not. But wait until the end of day 13 to write a review, if you don't see that the guest has already left one because you are asking for compensation and this can very well lead to a guest leaving a bad review. If you wait until the last minute to submit a review, the guest may not see that you have, in time to leave one herself.