Can a guest still edit their review?

Katie---Sean0
Level 10
Carlsbad, CA

Can a guest still edit their review?

It's day 13 since my guest left.  He has a left a review for me, and I left one for him today. We were both nice, aww.

Can he still edit his review? I'm asking because I need to file a damages claim. I already filed a claim and closed it because the guest made pretty clear if I didn't, I'd get a bad review. So I closed the claim, and he left a vanilla review. Great. But I have 1 more day in which to re-file the damages claim, which wouldn't be smart if he can change his review again.  I'm 99% sure he can't change his review now I've left one too... but want to make sure.

Because I'm a nice person, I'm also asking myself if this is kinda underhand of me, but then, the guy did carefully extort me using language that made his intention to leave a bad review clear, but not clear enough to violate the Airbnb extortion policy. He works with legal situations so... he knew how to play it. Stressful.

Katie

1 Reply 1
Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Katie---Sean0 

You are correct, once Reviews are loaded they can't be changed.

In fact, Reviews can only be edited for 48 hours after they've been entered. So even if the other party doesn't review till days later or not at all, 48 hrs is maximum for edit.

After Review(s) are posted the only option is Response to the Review.

I find it difficult to comment on the rest of your discourse, because it's not clear whether Guest 'threat for a bad Review' was verbal or on the messaging system?

If the latter, you can raise it with Airbnb. If not it's very difficult if not impossible to prove.

If you can prove, it would at least explain your behaviour of closure of filed a claim.

How Airbnb will respond is beyond my knowledge.