Can I get the cancellation fee waived?

Can I get the cancellation fee waived?

pic1.PNGA maintenance issue in bathroom came up after couple of days of accepting a booking, so I cancelled the booking to give ample time to guest to make alternate arrangements. I have photos to show that the bathroom is broken down and won't be able to use for a while.

May I get the cancellation fees waived? I have a clean record that I never cancel reservations, been a good host for a long long time.

3 Replies 3

this pic shows how the bathroom was before breaking it down to the pipe.pic1.PNG

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Mike115 This is a forum for hosts and not monitored by Airbnb  - if you want to talk ot them about cancelling a booking under extenuating circumstances then give them a call or contact them through the booking confirmation.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mike115,

That's unfortunate that you had to cancel due to a maintenance issue. As @Helen3 said, whether or not you can get the cancellation penalties waived is up to Airbnb - you will need to contact them and explain the situation to see what they decide. This Community Help Guide explains the best ways to contact them.

Just to let you know, I have moved your post and replies to a new thread here in the Community Help board as it was getting lost in another discussion. It will be easier for others to find it here. I have also given it a title, please let me know if you would like to change it!

Kirstie