Breaking the rules

Karen3472
Level 2
New York, NY

Breaking the rules

I’m currently hosting guests in my suite in the Catskills , my listing clearly states that there is only parking allowed for 1 vehicle and these people showed up with two. I’m very annoyed at this and think it’s pretty rude for them to assume they can leave two cars on my property. We have the 1 car rule in place for a number of reasons, mainly because it’s a shared driveway area that we also use while guests are here and do not want to risk being blocked or having to maneuver around peoples cars. Should I say something to the guest knowing that they most likely cannot do anything about it? (We’re in a rural area) or leave it alone and put it in their review? 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Karen3472 if you mention before you review you will only generate a bad review of yourself.

Yes, I agree. You are right. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just remind them politely it's a shared driveway and as outlined in your listing there's only one space allocated to them.

ask them to park the second car on the road @Karen3472 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Karen3472 

What was the outcome - did you manage to get things sorted out with the guests?  

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Karen3472   Guests do not read.  But they do look at pictures.  You have a very large driveway (at least the pictures suggest that it is very large with room for multiple cars) so your guests probably did not think that having two cars would be an issue.  I would suggest that you look again at your listing and guest instructions and think about how to make it VERY clear to your future guests that only one vehicle will be allowed.  Perhaps a picture of their designated parking space with a lovely "Guest Parking" sign?