Bookings

Answered!
Iwan10
Level 1
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Bookings

I seem to  be getting a lot of views on my listing but since setting up in March 2019 I have only had one booking. I am not sure as to why that is. Could do with some pointers.

Thanks in advance.

Iwan

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Here is why I would look and not book, @Iwan10 . Your profile is incomplete. There is no photo, no introduction of yourself, and only an email address and phone number as verification that you are who you say you are. 

Your first guest, on the other hand, has a photograph, an introduction, and has uploaded government ID. She looks trustworthy. This is a trust platform. Put a little more of yourself out there - at least as much as you expect from your guests. 

There are no photos of the inside of your place. No photos of the room at all. Your price is amazing, but people want to know where they will be sleeping. The photos are all of the view, and all have the same photo caption. 

Great view, by the way! 

Take some nice inside photos, use the caption space to impart some information, upload a bit more about yourself, and see whether that doesn't result in bookings. Look around at other listings for inspiration. That lovely first review is the best thing. It is already in place, and will really help!

All the best!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Here is why I would look and not book, @Iwan10 . Your profile is incomplete. There is no photo, no introduction of yourself, and only an email address and phone number as verification that you are who you say you are. 

Your first guest, on the other hand, has a photograph, an introduction, and has uploaded government ID. She looks trustworthy. This is a trust platform. Put a little more of yourself out there - at least as much as you expect from your guests. 

There are no photos of the inside of your place. No photos of the room at all. Your price is amazing, but people want to know where they will be sleeping. The photos are all of the view, and all have the same photo caption. 

Great view, by the way! 

Take some nice inside photos, use the caption space to impart some information, upload a bit more about yourself, and see whether that doesn't result in bookings. Look around at other listings for inspiration. That lovely first review is the best thing. It is already in place, and will really help!

All the best!

Iwan10
Level 1

Hi Lawrene

Thanks so much for the advice, I will take what you say on board. 🙂 

Hi Iwan 

There are lots of things you could try to draw attention to your place. It's worth revisiting your description - does it show off your home as well as it could? Does it tell potential guests what you have to offer? Are the photographs clear? I think the best listings are those that tell a story about your rental, guests love a story! Are there any famous landmarks nearby? Sell, sell, sell (but be honest too)! 

Community forums are usually a great help - you can pick the brains of other hosts and grab some fab ideas on how to market your property and get those booking coming in. I would browse the threads and maybe check out a few blog posts? This one got me thinking about promotion and advertising:

https://www.airbnbtips.com/uncategorized/airbnb-advertising-tips/

If you're feeling brave you could also think about making a video to show off your place? Making a video sounds a bit tricky, but if it doesn't have to be a Hollywood blockbuster! Might be worth a shot? There's a post about it:

https://www.airgms.com/airbnb-video/

Fingers crossed you get some good bookings soon, good luck! 

Iwan10
Level 1

Hi Kate

Some great points in there, thanks a lot for your help it really is appreciated.

Regards

Iwan