Booking disappeared from listing after customer cancelled

Ethna0
Level 2
Selfoss, Iceland

Booking disappeared from listing after customer cancelled

Hi there,

I had a guest cancel the second night of their 2-night stay as I suggested they needed to be in an AirBnB closer to the airport on their final night. The guest was very happy with the suggestion as they didn´t realise how far away from the airport we are. On the morning of the second day, they went online and cancelled the second night of their booking. I refunded the guest 50% of the amount due as they only stayed for the one night and it was my suggestion that they make the change.

I am worried, however, as the booking has completely disappeared from my calendar. This means the guest is unable to leave a review (they really want to) and I can no longer contact the guest.

I tried ringing AirBnB, got through, but after 23 minutes of waiting on the line, I gave up. Who do I contact to have the first night of the guests' booking added back into my calendar so that they can leave a review and I have an accurate account of who stayed at the property?

I am also worried that the guest has been refunded twice, once by me and also by AirBnB. I really need to speak to someone from AirBnB so that I can check why the guest booking was removed from my calendar and how much they have been refunded.

All help appreciated,

Ethna 🙂

3 Replies 3

@Ethna0 - Did they make a change to their reservation or cancel it? Had their reservation already begun?  

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1363/can-i-change-my-reservation-during-the-trip

Hey Alice and Jeff,

The guest had booked a 2-night stay. They had stayed one night. I wonder, as you have suggested, if they cancelled their reservation instead of making a change...  I have checked under Transaction History and it looks as though I will receive 50% of the booking fee in due course.

I guess there is nothing me or the guest can do now about the review if they have cancelled instead of making a change.

Thank you so much for getting back so quickly.

Ethna

You're welcome.  Glad it worked out.