Blocked listing

Jane544
Level 1
Dunnellon, FL

Blocked listing

2018 12 09, Sunday.

Is any other host frustrated when trying to phone Airbnb?

I called Airbnb at 1 855 424 7262 at 11;30 on a Sunday morning. The call was cut off at 4 minutes 35 seconds after the computer menus and getting through to a male representative.

I called again at 11:42 and was on the phone with a female representative called “Marjoirie’ who would not tell me her location nor transfer me to a representative in the USA. The call lasted 36:06 minutes: seconds.

This rep Marjorie consulted with her supervisor and told me the call was being recorded but I would have to go through legal channels to get a copy of it and other call to Airbnb. Marjorie talked me through the process of lodging a complaint at https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

The feedback I wrote to Airbnb was about as follows:

2018 12 09 about 12:40. I just found out my account has been flagged and blocked since 2018 12 07 apparently by Sergejs, a case manager for the Trust and Safety team at Airbnb. Immediately after getting his email on the morning of 2018 12 08 (NOT on 12 07 as it appeared to have been sent) I replied to answer his requests. I got no email on my mobile phone before seeing Sergijs's on my home computer.Today I have seen a guest trying to find, see and book my listing on their computer and mobile phone. My listings are not currently available to guests! One potential and former guest brought this to my attention today 11:43. I went on line to look at my account while the guest was still trying to see and book my listings. My account shows my listings but potential guests cannot see it. The rep Marjorie told me my account is flagged and blocked from getting bookings and earning me a living by this Airbnb employee based solely on some false accusation that I am not allowed to see or be told what the accuser has claimed.  The accusation should have been sent to me in writing immediately. I asked them to send me this accusation in writing immediately. In an email to Sergejs, I had requested that he contact the two Airbnb guests who were witnesses in the same room when the false accuser was trying to leave my home without paying his bill for overstaying his booking. The guest refused to pay through the Airbnb system even though an Airbnb representative was on my cell phone talking with him and encouraging him to pay through her at Airbnb. I already sent a Word file and evidence photos to Airbnb about this case and my complaint about this guest.

Hosts and listings are available 24/7 so why are the Airbnb reps taking time off without passing on their cases to other reps to follow through on a case? Airbnb is not looking  after my case with due diligence or in a timely manner. I have lost bookings and hours of time. I have suffered stress, mental anguish, frustration and lack of any response from the above Sergejs or anyone at Airbnb.

Airbnb should have 24 hour/ 7 days a week backup to handle such situations  with due diligence and in a timely manner.

I wonder if others have experienced similar situations? Thank you for taking the time to think about this. Jane

2 Replies 2
Natalia574
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

They did the same thing to me.  Cancelled all my upcoming reservations and taking my payments. Then withholding my payments on my current guest who is already in my house; who they booked, confirmed and sent to me. Then claiming that the reason for all this is that one of my previous guest who I gave the 7 star treatment; made a complaint against me; and during all this my current guest request an extension and they approved it and still telling me there is an hold on that guest payout.  This is what I call alligator ruling. How can you be guilty before an investigation is completed. This company have to be a front for the mob. It has to be mafia connected. Ain’t no way Airbnb is 100% legit, for them to operate like this. We need to check on how many host been mysteriously killed or missing or even falsely accused and possibly prosecuted. I believe that Airbnb is apart of a scam where they send people in your house to create a scene in order to blackmail and rob the hosts

Airbnb's policy of accepting gossip and commets from trouble-making guests and then, without notice or any communication with the host, to block that host's listing is certainly unfair and likely unconstitutional. That's assuming guilt or culpability on the host's part without any evidence and meeting out penalties without a fair hearing. I had a similar incident with a bigotted, contentious guest who overstayed and claimed he had rebooked through Airbnb. Two guests were and still are willing witnesses but Airbnb refused to talk with them or let them make a statement. All my listings got unfairly blocked for about a week and I surely lost bookings and income. I called the police when the guest was trying to leave without paying for the extra day. Eventually I followed him 6.5 miles to an ATM where he withdrew cash and paid a partial payment. From Airbnb I got no fair tereatment and a week's hastle and stress plus many computer communications with tardy Airbnb staff who shelved the case while they took a weekend break. I asked for financial compensation for losses and stress caused by their unfair discriminatory tactics against hosts and in favor of trouble-makers guests. Airbnb staff totally ignored my request. Consequently I phoned Morgan and Morgan, a nationwide law firm, to ask to join any class action case for wronged hosts treated unfairly by Airbnb. There may be hope yet. Airbnb is wrong in instances like these. Last week I had a similar scammer guest, a night nurse who rebooked an extra night and then her payment was delayed for almost a week. She arrived at 08:00 while the previous guest was not checking out until 11:00. L was kind enough to let the guest sleep in my seperate ensuite bedroom. She complained in emails that my office space in the adjacent living room kept her awake and demanded I move it! Then her payment was denyed and took almost a week to get sorted out. More stress and work for this host. Apparently there are many potential guests who are trying to scam hosts through Airbnb. Hosts, even superhosts cannot screen potential guests. I now have rules on the back of all bedroom doors. Guests must be held accountable and pay through the system. But Airbnb denys fair treatment to hosts, even long established superhosts like me. Airbnb needs to change and fix this.