Blocked dates

Dianne138
Level 1
Portscatho, United Kingdom

Blocked dates

I have blocked every other weekend on my calendar, Friday, sat, and Sunday. When I checked availability on my actual listing these weekends were blocked from wed to sun. Why is this when I only blocked the weekend?

3 Replies 3
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Dianne138 I hope you are well!

You have a 3 night minimum set- so if you block off Fri/Sat/Sun a guest is unable to book a 3 night stay that starts from Wednesday (as that would involve the Friday night which is blocked) so your calendar won't show availability Weds-Sun on those particular weeks.

Best wishes,

Paul 🙂 

Dianne138
Level 1
Portscatho, United Kingdom

Hi Paul. Thank you for that. If previous booking was sat, sun and Monday, then someone could book tues, wed and Thursday!  But they can't if Airbnb blocks them! The only time dates should be automatically blocked by Airbnb is  if a previous booking does not leave my 3 day minimum?

regards,

Di.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Dianne138 yes you are correct! Dates will always remain open if they can be accommodated within your 3 night min stay.

I went on your listing calendar- I can book a 3 night stay starting on the Tuesday of those weeks when you have blocked out the fri/sat/sun yourself without any issue as a 3 night stay from the Tues will check out on the Fri morning (but no one can check-in fri-sun).