Best Ways to Find House Managers

Rosalind41
Level 8
Abbeville, SC

Best Ways to Find House Managers

Hello friends,

I'd like to find and hire a house manager.  Can anyone guide me on how to proceed?

Thank you for your time and your advice,

Roz

1 Reply 1
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Rosalind41  Not sure what a house manager is - is it a caretaker, a co-host, a housekeeper, or some combination thereof?  In any case, I would put an ad in the local paper.  But the wording will be important.  Many caretakers/housekeepers work alone and are therefore under the illusion that they don't have a boss.  I would say something like "Seeking a new member for our Airbnb team."  That sets up the right expectation.  Then for the job description, "head housekeeper"?  Or what you will.  You should be prepared to interview 10 or 12 people and ask for references.  If you're looking for housekeeper who can also manage ordering supplies and checking the house when you're not there, look for someone with hotel experience.  If you're looking for a caretaker who will be checking the house and doing minor repairs, look for someone with estate management experience.  Offer a rate that's a little higher than the norm because you'll be able to charge for it in the bookings.