Anybody else having trouble sending messages through Airbnb?

Anybody else having trouble sending messages through Airbnb?

Has anyone had trouble sending messages?  I spent a long time writing three messages to guests just to find that they didn't get sent and are no where to be found.  Anyone else having trouble with this?

5 Replies 5
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

I try to make a point of copying the message before sending, as often it does not go through. If I don't see it in my sent messages, I can resend without retyping.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Yes, every now and then my own messages sent but don't show in thread.

Plus guests surprised once in a while that I hadn't received their message.

Yes, the same thing is happening to me right now, and I don't know what to do...

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Paul-And-Brenda0 Yes @Ed-and-Hugh0 are on the right track guys. I always firstly type my reply, or conversation, in 'Word' and copy it to this page, or to whatever stream I happen to be on. I do that in part because I don't want to lose it if there is some glitch in the system, but also because, over a period of time on this forum, there will be questions that will require a similar answer and it saves a lot of 'leg work' if you can simply re-paste onto another post.

Also, being a notoriously bad speller it gives me the opportunity to take advantage of the 'spell checker' to make my reply somewhat coherent!!! Cheers....Rob

Lynda7
Level 1
Pataua, New Zealand

Yes, I've tried several times to reply to an inquiry, there seems to be no record of my messages anywhere.