Airbnb should make profile pictures obligatory for guests

Airbnb should make profile pictures obligatory for guests

I have accepted one reservation & I am curently dealing with a new enquiry. Neither parties have supplied a profile photograph. This is unacceptable & AirBnB should make it a condition of their booking procedure.

I am a single female & it is essential to have basic information about visitorsto come into my home.

*title updated

3 Replies 3

@Yvonne32, AirBnB supposedly does require it, but often guests avoid the requirement.

What hosts do in the situation is to write to the guest and ask them to add a profile photo, explaining that you need to be able to recognize the person you are handing the keys to.

Hosts report that guests are happy to comply with the request.

If the guest does not provide a photo, you can contact AirBnB support and they can help with either prompting the guest to upload a photo, or to provide you with a penalty-free cancellation (on the grounds you are not comfortable handing your keys to an unidentified person).

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Yvonne32@Matthew285

Unfortunately it is not a requirement by AirbnB for a profile picture

"Airbnb’s requirements for guests include:

• Full name
  • Email address
  • Confirmed phone number
  • Introductory message
  • Agreement to house rules
  • Payment information

Guests are expected, but not required, to have a profile picture. Hosts won’t see guest’s real email addresses, even after they book. Instead, hosts will see a temporary Airbnb email address that forwards their messages to the guest."

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Yvonne32

I make it part of my house rules for IB that only guests with a clear profile photo of themselves will be accepted at my place.

A couple of times I have had guests that don't provide a photo or provide one of an object.

I message them and remind them I need a photo or else I will need to ask Airbnb to cancel their booking. That normally does the trick.