Airbnb refunded a guest without informing me

Airbnb refunded a guest without informing me

Dear All

This guest checked in on August 12, telling me she used to stay only in Palace but she booked a villa in Mauritius, complaining about small things everyday sending me messages early morning and won't hear from her upto night time, when ever I offered to sort out things, she will reply they are out all day, I offered to move them to 3 different villas they came for viewing  then declined,  after 20 nights spending at this villa she filed a complaint with some pictures that she found hairs on the floor, marks on a sofa and so on few things really requesting a refund of 1500 $  which I declined and on their 25th days  spending in this villa, they will send a message night time they are checking out as they can't coop anymore, they left at 8h00pm so basically a dirty villa but they spent 25 days on the top of 29 nights they booked.

I just found out on the transaction details AIRBNB refunded this guest 570.00$ which will be deducted on my next payout !

what can I do to contest this refund ?? I got even a message from the support team ( saying because of my cancellation policy , I am not obligated to provide any refund, if I decide to provide a refund as an exception that depends on my decision and authorization). I didn't decide or neither give my authorization to AIRBNB to refund this guest.

what is my next step that I could use to avoid paying this refund 570.00$ without my approval, my next payout is plan around October 5th 2022.

Thanks in advance for your advice 

Kind regards

Eileen  

4 Replies 4
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Eileen409 Remember to institute a weekly cleaning regimen next time . this way thie property is maintained and you can offer the guests any little extras ,or not via messenger , and keep up with what is going on , and photograph the villa every time. If they did not leave after finding these 'hairs ' or ask Airbnb to upgrade them because your place was 'not as advertised ' then you have already done too much . Simply refuse the refund . H

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Helen744 

Good idea RE regular cleanings during long term stays. However, @Eileen409 already refused the refund. After that, Airbnb granted a partial refund anyway - it is showing as due to come out of her next payout.

@Eileen409 If I was you, I'd go back to CS and question this. Firstly, copy and paste the message they sent you saying you did not have to offer a refund. Secondly, question how it is possible that a guest can file a complaint for cleanliness issues, especially hairs on the floor, after they have already been there for 20 days! Thirdly, you can point to your two listings where you already have reviews, and a 5.0* score for cleanliness on both, as well as several reviews mentioning how clean the listings were. 

Claudia2338
Level 2
Orlando, FL

@Eileen409  creo que en este caso, tienes suficiente respaldo para rechazo.

y acude a review favorables para respaldarte si no tienes fotos con fechas.

Claudia Mendoza

Hi Claudia

Thank you for your support

I would like to know a part of CS which department I could contact to launch a claim pls ??

As CS is just skipping my questions, I have been chatting with 9 staffs in 3 days same reply they will escalate this issue to another colleague in a better position, never heard about anybody, they just closed each issue or leave it in progress

Pls help who ever has been in such case

Thank you

Eileen