Airbnb is sending me messages to respond, but I already did...is there more I need to do?

Carol38
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Airbnb is sending me messages to respond, but I already did...is there more I need to do?

Dear Community,

I am a brand new host. I just got my first request, which I answered immediately. She has not responded yet. Airbnb is generating messages to me that I have 19 hrs to respond...16 hrs to respond...the clock seems to be ticking away, but there is nothing more I can do. Is there someting else that I need to do? I don't want to get a bad response rating before I'm out of the gate.

Thanks,

Carol

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi Carol,

If it is a request, you need to either approve or decline in the 24 hour period or it will affect your response rating. If it is an inquiry, all you have to do is respond. For requests, if you are getting down to the final hours, decline and tell the guest that they will need to request again as it affects your response rating.

I hope this clears things up.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Dave,

Thanks for your response. I am feeling a bit thrown to the wolves. This might be a dumb question, but as this is my first time...how will I recognize if it is a request or an inquiry? I THINK this was just an inquiry, but not sure.

Carol

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

You'll definitely want to spend some time in the Help area for hosts. It's worth the investment, and it sounds like you are missing out on critical information. Here is some information which may help.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/363/what-does-each-reservation-status-mean?topic=221