AirCover

AirCover

AirCover protection is a joke.

Airbnb constantly refuses to pay damages if they are more $1,000

Customer Service is trained to come out with all kind of excuses to deny the claim.

After an enormous amount of time to find the receipts, invoices, estimates from professional companies and proofs of damages, Airbnb representative accused me of lying without any proof from their side and denied the claim.

Do they get a percentage of declined cases? 

As you know you cannot reach any management, and representatives reply once in while to your emails at 2-4 am. 

I am so disappointed  once again and thinking to start arbitration process or file it in a small court.

Any suggestions or success stories? 

And I hope some management can see this message and contact me. 

5 Replies 5
Trevor-Jess0
Level 3
Fairfax, IA

They don't pay for under $1000 either. I tried to go through the process for a comforter and sheet set a guest destroyed. Nothing happened. I just got a notification that the guest didn't pay (of course they didn't, I didn't expect they would, I was just following the process) and I sent a message to Airbnb support to see what was going on. It's been about a week and I've heard nothing back. 

Not a success story, so I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten reimbersed for anything. 

Yes did you ask to escalate after the guest refused to pay? There was a button on my email to choose this option and I was reimbursed for damages.

Im jus going through the claims process, jave onvolved airbnb (button). However as following bookings wete cancelled due to damage, I think that has disallowed my ability to inputon aircover, airbnb jave promised me its going to be ok ...

I'm just going through the claims process

Project-A0
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

My guests had a party in the apartment, so I was sitting on complaints of the neighbours, puke, cigarettes, detroyed smart heater (2 months old), professional cleaning, no curtains because of laundry after this parties, complaints from 3 seperate guests after this booking. The guest admitted it in one post.

I was calling and writing the support and they did help me with giving the next 3 guests explanation of what happened, etc so we don't get bad reviews after that. But she also wrote to me that I have 60 days to get a claim through the mediation center. So I was trying to search for the invoices of the goods that got damaged, invoice of the new linens I bought, etc. It took me around 2-3 weeks to gather it all.

I opened the mediation center with the damage, invoices, etc and I didn't get any cover, because I should have done everything within 14 days. I told them and sent them a screenshot of the airbnb customer service that she told me that I had 60 days. They don't care. My case is still closed and I am minus 1500 Euro + Stressfull times. They don't want to reimburse me anything, as I didn't heed their rules! What can I do esle?