AirBnb listing shows Hosts site page at $47 a night. After inputing calender stay time...$92 a night

Jeffrey375
Level 1
San Diego, CA

AirBnb listing shows Hosts site page at $47 a night. After inputing calender stay time...$92 a night

When clicking on the map and prices, it showed $47 a night. Click on it and it shows the host and pics and $47 a night.  I go to reserve and get the reservation price at $92 a night.  It even shows $47 on the photo list of places available. When I finally kept clicking around, it came up as $92 a night.  What is up with AirBnb showing pre-reservation searches showing one price, then going ahead with inputing your requested stay dates and having it come up way different?

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP1P7A-K9fJTalDqZupvpOp6rxJqLhC7jNWjkGW

Why doesn't it show the real price when using the map?  You click on the maps price and it still comes up at $47 a night on a page until you go to reserve it and AirBnb returns with $92 a night?  Also, $175 service fee and $75 cleaning fee...is that calculated on the 14 days I'm requesting?  If it's those prices for 2 nights stay...then WOW!

4 Replies 4
Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

Hi, if you don't select the date and number of people when doing your search the map will show the cheapest rate that host has. He probably has a date that costs $47, that is why that price is there, but once you put the dates you want and tje number of guests, it will show the correct price for those.

Also, the cleaning fee does not change with the number of nights, but the service fee does as it is a percentage of the total price.

Jeffrey375
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Thanks for replying. Still, it looks overly fetching if you ask me.  Yes I  put in the dates and it showed the actual cost per night. 

Service fees vary, I still haven't figured that out as a potential guest.   Who sets the service fee? I am in the same area (not Europe, then Asia).  Why is one service fee $75 and another $175 within 30 miles of each other?  Cleaning fees I can understand.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Jeffrey375 

Somewhere on that hosts calendar is the rate of $47 per night. Unfortunately, it is not over the date range you want to stay. My listings are set up the same way. I have some weekdays where the rate is $60 per night with a two night minimum but some weekend dates go up to $90 with the advantage of only staying one night. Airbnb pulls the lowest rate of $60 when advertising my listings. Hosts don't have any control over that unless dates are selected. 

The service fee goes to Airbnb and is determined by Airbnb. Hosts don't get any of it and do not know exactly what guests are paying. It is a percentage of the total price:

What is the Airbnb service fee?

To help operate the Airbnb platform, including services like 24/7 customer support and credit card processing, we charge a service fee when a booking is confirmed.

Guest service fee

This fee is typically under 13% of the booking subtotal (the nightly rate plus cleaning fee and additional guest fee, if applicable, but excluding Airbnb fees and taxes). The fee varies based on a variety of booking factors and is displayed to guests during checkout before they book a reservation. Guests booking a listing located in Mainland China do not need to pay a guest service fee.

If Airbnb is required to collect VAT, the service fee and VAT amounts will be combined on the checkout page, which could make the service fee appear to be higher.

Margarita279
Level 1
Costa Mesa, CA

Hi does anyone to co-host with me?