AirBnB cancelled booking, guest requests again

Sarah2293
Level 2
Nun Monkton, United Kingdom

AirBnB cancelled booking, guest requests again

Hello All,

AirBnB cancelled a booking on my site, which is fine as I presumed they had good reason.

The cancelled guest then got intouch with me via the sites message service to explain that his card had being used in fraud and can he rebook.

I agreed that he could using a different card.

However, I notice on his re admission that he has no reviews despite being on since 2016 and his only ID is a phone number and FB connection.

Would would you suggest, accept or decline a re booking?

Thank you for your experience and wisdom,

Best wishes

Sarah

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would be a little concerned if Airbnb had cancelled the initial booking.

Personally I only accept guests with verified. Photo ID so this guest wouldn’t be able to book with me.

Why  not give Airbnb a call if you are concerned?

Sarah2293
Level 2

Thank you, I didn’t realise I could actually call them!

@Sarah2293 

Airbnb UK 020 331 8111

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Sarah2293 

This is a little different than your situation, but just posting here for anyone else that might have had odd cancellations recently. 

On Thursday, a guest booked my place for a group of 9. On Friday morning, I received this message from her.. Screenshot_20191104-095601.jpg

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

But this is what I was seeing on my side.. Screenshot_20191104-095823.jpg

Sarah2293
Level 2

Sorry , I can’t help you there either

It's ok, @Sarah2293 - not looking for help, thanks! Just posting so others can be on the lookout for similar instances, if they have any strange cancellations 😉

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

After both the guest and myself spending half the day on the phone on Friday, and again on Saturday, Airbnb finally reinstated the booking (no explanation or apology from them, of course)

I told the guest to check her bank account to make sure she hadn't been charged twice. She had. So she had to get back on the phone with CX yet again, and after initially trying to deny that she'd been charged twice, they finally told her that there's nothing they can do about it, and that she'll just have to wait the 15 working days to have her money returned to her... 

Top notch service, as always, Airbnb.