Adding guests for part of the booking

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

Adding guests for part of the booking

Ocassionally I’m asked by guests if additional folks can be added for part of the stay - say 2 guests for 2 nights of a 3 night stay (usually after I send out the welcome info a couple of days prior to the stay which includes the no undisclosed guests etc).

How do folks deal with it?  I’ve been sending it as a payment request but I’m aware that they would be regarded as unregistered guests. 

3 Replies 3
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Amanda660 when you create a reservation alteration, you get to adjust the payments as you wish. So, if you want them to be "registered" and "counted" with ABB then you change the entire reservation to say 5 instead of 3 and then adjust the payment to the amount that you've agreed to... it isn't a perfect system, but best you can do

DO NOT ever alter a reservation sub-24 hours to arrival (it can mess up the WHOLE payout!!) 

Either adjust prior to 24hours or after you've been paid 24 hours after arrival

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

@Kelly149 thats great, why hadn’t I thought about this?  Duh!

Melissa1286
Level 2
Toowoomba, AU

I have a guest wanting you book for 2 people the first night then 4 the next night. I have a set price for 2 people then another charge per person after that. How does that work with the booking? Thanks