A problem with a inquiry but I did not receive a confirmed booking.

Alison655
Level 1
Eastern Cape, South Africa

A problem with a inquiry but I did not receive a confirmed booking.

Hi there, 

I need to try to resolve a problem with a booking which a guest said he made and paid for, but I did not get any confirmation from Airbnb. As far as I am concerned only a query was made but no confirmed booking happened further to the enquiry.

How can I find out about it.

Thanks,

Alison

7 Replies 7
Andrea-and-Francis0
Level 10
Mississauga, Canada

Your best to call Airbnb customer service & they can look into your possible booking details.

Md-Mizanur1
Level 10
BSB, Brunei

Hi Alison

Login to your Airbnb back office, click on your profile, make it hosting mode not traveling mode. In the inbox you will find al enquiry or discussion with the guest. Click on Host then click on Reservation, here you will find the confirmed reservation.

The guest can make booking but until he or she settled the payment it will not confirm and it will show as waiting for payment. Inbox you will find the correspondence and in the dashboard you will find reservation and other things.

Hope you understand now.

Thank you

With best regards

Mizanur Asia 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Alison655 

It looks like a new scam trend

the same thing happened to my friend a week ago, guests booked through booking.com and had to pay at arrival (on Booking.com that's the option my friend has). Guest arrived and said they already have paid and they waved with some paper. My friend didn't let them in and they left. A week later they asked Booking.com for a refund but of course, were declined.

As @Md-Mizanur1  said - go to your hosting dashboard and under "reservations" you will see your current reservation all your future reservations sorted by date. If your guest isn't there then he didn't book.

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Alison655 

You might also look at your calendar and see if the dates are blocked as "in process" or something like that. I had a guest a few weeks ago send an inquiry yet before I could even respond the dates were blocked for her for 24 hours while she completed her AirBnB profile. 

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Alison655  There are four ways to check if there is a confirmed booking

(1) InBox with the guest who sent you inquiry. When a booking is confirmed, it shows there.

(2) Calendar. Where you will see the guest mini-profile picture on the starting date of the booking and blocked booking dates

(3) In your email, Airbnb sent booking confirmation notice after a booking is confirmed.

(4) Contact Airbnb support. Unless there is a system glitch, you should be able to verify the booking confirmation through (1), (2), or (3).

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Alison655  Perhaps the guest is confused and thinks because you pre-approved his Inquiry, that's all that needs to be done to have a confirmed reservation. Maybe advise him to go back and look at the messages he received to see if there was a step he ignored after the pre-approval. If he says he already has confirmation of the booking, and you don't see it pending or anything on your end, you'll have to contact Airbnb to sort it out.

Alison655
Level 1
Eastern Cape, South Africa

Thank you to all who replied to my query. It has been resolved by my guest.