The new legal procedure for hosting in Turkey.

Atilla13
Level 1
Çamlık, Turkey

The new legal procedure for hosting in Turkey.

Turkish Culture Ministry acting very slow on accepting hosting applications.

2 Replies 2
Hetten0
Level 2
Washington, DC

t sounds like you're facing delays with hosting applications through the Turkish Culture Ministry, which can be frustrating. I'll suggest you take a look at some of the suggestions I feel may help;
Firstly, I'll advise you stay updated by regularly checking the Ministry's website or contacting them directly for any updates on processing times and possible backlog reasons.
Secondly, prepare your document by ensuring all your documents and application forms are correctly filled out and complete. Any missing or incorrect information could further delay the process.
Thirdly, seek community advice by connecting with other hosts in Turkey through online forums or social media groups. They might have insights or updates based on their experiences.
Fourthly, consider legal advice, If the delay significantly impacts your business, consulting with a legal professional knowledgeable about Turkish tourism and hospitality laws might provide specific actions you can take.
Finally, explore lodge compliance solutions, visit Lodge Compliance to read the Country Blog post for more information regarding Turkish legal procedure for hosting. while waiting for your application to be processed, it might be beneficial to explore how it can assist in navigating and complying with local regulations, enhancing your readiness once your application is approved.

None of these suggestions address the fact that we as hosts cannot be held accountable by AirBnB for the issuance of a permit that is outside of our control. We cannot move the ministry to act. Therefore, it is  unacceptable for AirBnB to threaten to delist us when the licence is not uploaded by 1 May. The maximum AirBnB can require is to upload proof of application for the permit, showing that we are in full compliance with the law, but that it is now up to the Turkish authorities to act. I do hope AirBnB is open to changing this unfair policy.