Superhost Status

Answered!
Dana1429
Level 1
Asheville, NC

Superhost Status

I have been a host and a property manager for years. Almost a year ago, one of the owners of a property I hosted decided to turn her home into a long term rental. (She was a co host on the site) I explained that I had to call Airbnb and get them to cancel upcoming reservations or I would be penalized. She didn't listen to me and cancelled the reservations and I lost my super host status. Almost a year later with all 5 star reviews and 5 stars in the other three superhost categories my cancellation number hasn't budged. I have cancelled NO reservations in the since then. I get zero help from Airbnb. When I have called I am told, 'oh at the next superhost check in I'm sure you will get back your superhost rating.' What can I do?

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dana1429 your cancellation number will change very little until a year has gone by and the cancellations no longer hit the superhost stats. What help do you want from Airbnb?

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dana1429 your cancellation number will change very little until a year has gone by and the cancellations no longer hit the superhost stats. What help do you want from Airbnb?

Hi @Dana1429,

Welcome to the commnutity!

To regain your Airbnb Superhost status after an unjust cancellation penalty, consider these steps:

1. Appeal the cancellation penalties: Provide a detailed explanation and any evidence of the situation that led to the unjust cancellations. I believe Airbnb have a penalty-free cancellation for landlord, HOA and owner issues. 
  2. Request for a Superhost reassessment: After successfully having the cancellation penalties removed from your account, please seek assistance to have your Superhost status reassessed. You may need to request for the agents to collaborate with their Supervisor for this part.

The Superhost review process is automatic, evaluating hosts every three months based on the past year's performance but they can always manually reassess if needed . Persistence and clear communication with Airbnb support, highlighting your consistent performance outside of the cancellation incident, might help your case.

Hope this helps!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Dana1429 👋

I'm sorry to read your situation.  Did any of the answers below help you resolve the issue? If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines