Start Airbnb in DC or Virginia

Answered!
Oleh18
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Start Airbnb in DC or Virginia

I'm considering opening an Airbnb in Washington DC or Northern Virginia. As a Los Angeles resident who frequently travels to DC, the idea of establishing an Airbnb there appeals to me. I'm curious about the current difficulty in obtaining a license for this purpose. Additionally, are there specific factors I should take into account before diving into this business? With the evolving regulations, I wonder whether it's still viable to establish a profitable Airbnb in these areas.

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

1. The local government for these locations should have any STR regulations on their websites @Oleh18 

2. to understand whether it's likely to be profitable put together a profit and loss budget based on your likely costs and projected income many areas have oversaturated markets so look on Airdna for supply and demand in the locations you are looking at for your type of listing 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Oleh18, as this is a global forum, it might be tricky reaching hosts in specific areas. However you can join the nearest Local Host Club to connect with fellow hosts local to your area. You can share your experiences, exchange valuable knowledge and get advice. Here's the link where you can join: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Local-Host-Clubs/ct-p/en_clubs

I hope this helps! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

thank you a lot Sophia! This is very helpful. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

1. The local government for these locations should have any STR regulations on their websites @Oleh18 

2. to understand whether it's likely to be profitable put together a profit and loss budget based on your likely costs and projected income many areas have oversaturated markets so look on Airdna for supply and demand in the locations you are looking at for your type of listing 

Thanks you for the suggestion Helen. Much appreciated.

Jeffrey667
Level 2
Aspen Hill, MD

I highly recommend that if you are looking to invest in an airbnb property in this area you should look in the Virginia area. I live in MD not too far from there so im more aware of what areas may have trouble and which won't. DC is too strict with their laws and Virginia isn't too far from dc.