NZ GST payouts to Default account

Marion1198
Level 1
New Zealand

NZ GST payouts to Default account

Is anyone else having the issue of airbnb paying ALL GST payout components (ie the 8.5% that gets paid back to non-GST Registered hosts) into the Default account - no matter which property accommodated the guest that it relates to? So in my case, my default property was vacant for several weeks, while the other was occupied with a number of stays. Airbnb paid the GST component of the rev for all stays to the account for the vacant property! Changing the default account doesnt help, it just moves the problem.

When I tried to have it corrected so income associated with a stay at one property, goes to the nominated account for that property, the airbnb service agent was extremely unhelpful and disinterested in the issue.... stating "I'm sorry the system doesn't do what you want it to do". This is an accounting problem and potentially a tax problem as well considering income generated for a property, is not being sent to that property's accounts. 

I understand there may be teething problems with this new requirement, but a "head in the sand' approach is disappointing. 

1 Reply 1
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Marion1198, I hope everything is well with you.

Let us know if the support team clarified the situation or if you still need help with something.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad