Major Disruptive Events Policy

Major Disruptive Events Policy

can some one help me understand the new rules.

in case of mayor disprutive event host may cancel but can not receive new guests.

in case of mayor disprutive event guest may cancel and host can receive new guests.

one of the reasons of new policy is safety..but how does this relate to this polciy in regards to allowing one to host to new community member during such a major event

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Vincent245 This makes sense to me. If a host cancels then they should not be allowed to take another guest. However if a guest cancels (perhaps because of an event in the listing locality) then the host could still benefit from a different guest who is perhaps stuck in that locality due to the same event.

i am not sure about that.... i understand were you are coming from.  In this case a guest is only allowed to cancel if the listing is not suitable safe for comunity members due to the local situation. So then opening your house to other members would be just a unsafe for them.  again open for explainations no good or bad just dont fully get it yet. if there is a situation that is not acceptable to the platform  you should not be able to ren to any community member

@Vincent245 Lets say there is a shelter in place order for a particular region. This would preclude a new guest arriving but there may be existing folks in the locality needing accommodation. There are many situations whereby being inside a property is safer than being on the street.