How long did it take you to get New York City’s Short-Term Rental application approved?

How long did it take you to get New York City’s Short-Term Rental application approved?

Hello Airbnb Community,

As we all know, the law regarding short term rentals were enforced for New York City hosts on September 5th. I filled out New York City’s Short-Term Rental application on 10/17 and the status still says 'Submitted'. How long did it take you for the status change and when did you receive your registration with OSE? Please share your experience!

4 Replies 4
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Alexis873

You're totally right that this has been a hot topic! @Sophia353 is another NYC Host who may be able to share some first hand experience with you about this 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sophia353
Level 3
New York, NY

@Alexis873 It took around 5 months to obtain our license, following a few initial denials and subsequent resubmissions of our application.

@Alexis873 Took me about three months to get the license, but I still can't list my place because OSE hasn't verified the listing yet. Still waiting on OSE to review and verify the listing. 

This was my issue. They will get back to you! Good luck