Charlotte, NC Trash Pickup

Alex9794
Level 1
North Carolina, United States

Charlotte, NC Trash Pickup

Do any hosts in Charlotte struggle with having their trash bins taken out and back for trash day? It's best not to ask guests, and there is no guarantee that cleaners will be on-site on trash day. That means bins get left out by the curb or guests show up to full trash bins. 

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

5 Replies 5
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Alex9794 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center! Thank you for suggesting some good service for our fellow Hosts from North Carolina.

Please note that I had to remove some lines from your post as it is against our Community Center Guidelines to advertise or post personal information such as email addresses.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Some states have a company you pay that takes the bin out he night before and brings it back in after it’s been picked up. The problem with the night before is animals can knock it over and mage a huge mess. I suggest asking a neighbor or asking around on FB or nextdoor. 

Marcia688
Level 1
North Carolina, United States

Hi Dawn, we have an Airbnb in Hickory, NC. We hire college students to pull the cans out and back in. paying $10.00 a week. 

Works well - most of the time! 

Marcia 

5th Ave Cottage

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Alex9794  We arranged with our housekeeper/maintenance person to take the trash off-site for every rental, i.e., we pay them to take it to the dump.

In your case, I would arrange to have someone come by the property and take the cans to the curb.  You will need to advise your guests that this person will be on the property to retrieve the cans.

Brian2659
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Aside from the suggestions here, sometimes it's good just to have a few more people on the roster to help pick up the slack when no one else is available.

I'm a host who works with other hosts to do just that. Trash removal, grill clean/propane tank refill, guest prep - leaf blows, cover/uncover outdoor furniture - things that really help with that guest impression when they arrive and put the host's mind at ease instead of wondering if the trash is full.

I'm in the Commonwealth area. Feel free to contact me if your Air B&B is near there.