Why have my listings been deactivated

Ollie0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Why have my listings been deactivated

Hi Airbnb, and anyone who might have knowledge or experiance of this situation. 

Airbnb have deactived all of our airbnb listings, we had several across London, Oxford, Marbella, Barbados - this has been done without warning and without notification. I have called repeatedly and am being told it is another department that needs to deal with it, this happened over 24 hours ago (a long time when I have dozens of guests with bookings asking where my listings have gone, and pending bookings saying they are just going to book a hotel as our listings seem unavailable. We have a 97% response rate, and 50% 5 star reviews - we do not deserve to be treated like this and have no idea what is going on. Can someone PLEASE get in touch?

3 Replies 3
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ollie0   Hi there Ollie, it looks like a line has been drawn in the sand, and hosts with multiple listings are systematically having their listings removed. The original Airbnb concept was to have people stay in a hosts 'shared space'....a spare room, a loft in the house, a cottage in the back yard! But over the years we are seeing more and more hosts in a situation where they are listing more and ever more properties and are virtually using Airbnb as a hotel booking site! 

Air bnb are walking a tightrope between hosts such as your self Ollie with multiple listings and local government authorities who are coming under ever increasing pressure from the traditional hospitality industry to make you conform to the stringent government requirements they have to.....and Ollie, it looks like local government are winning!

I have not heard of a single host worldwide who has had their solitary single listing threatened in this way. It seems to be a purge purely on hosts with a number of listings.

The unfortunate thing from your point of view is the secrecy leading up to this! Unfortunately nothing has been flagged about what is happening. I know Airbnb are doing a lot of work in the background with local juristictions around the world, but it is disappointing that none of the progress of that work is filtering down to the hosting community.

I am sorry for the situation this is putting you in Ollie....you are no doubt an amazing host, and a part of the experience that has brought the Airbnb platform to where it is today,  but you are being seen as a boutique hotel rather than a home host and that appears to be where the problem lies!......cheers.....Rob

Nabil2
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

@Ollie0 Hi Ollie

The same thing happened to me they decativated all of my listings.

@Nabil2  @Ollie0

It seems this is happening all over London.