Thoughts on providing no linen

Noel1
Level 2
Brunswick, Australia

Thoughts on providing no linen

Hi there just wondering what people's experience is with this for a holiday house.

Does it really help, does it limit the guests staying, does it make the place look cheaper and any other thoughts? Of course I would offer linen as an option for a fee, because there's some guests from overseas, on business trips etc that don't have an option to bring along stuff like this.

Not sure how I could work the fee in on airbnb, but surely it can't be hard.

Anyhow any feedbak would be appreciated 🙂

3 Replies 3
Evelyn0
Level 10
Arkport, NY

Why would you not provide linen? What about towels?

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

G'day Noel.

Does it really help...YES

does it limit the guests staying...YES

does it make the place look cheaper.....YES

and any other thoughts...NO

Of course I would offer linen as an option for a fee.........Really? Just price it into your fee

Sorry I cant imagine a situation where linen wouldnt be supplied by the host..By the way I love the area you live in

I'd never dream of not offering linens (good ones too, and yes, I DO iron bed linens!) and as a regular traveller, wouldn't consider booking a place that didn't do likewise! The only folk I think would be OK with no linens are those travelling super-cheap, carrying their sleeping bag etc on their back. Not really my target group - are they yours? Dorms and hostels offer this type of accommodation with only basic amenities and they do ok I guess. 

I did once travel with an enlarged family group and we stayed in a super lovely place - the owners didn't live nearby so relied on their guests putting their own linens on, and laundering afterwards. I thought this an inconvenience but ok as the price reflected the guest duties. My advice though is that providing linens is pretty much a basic expectation from most travellers, so just do it!