Strange Request. Is it Scam?

Giuseppe5
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Strange Request. Is it Scam?

Today i received a request with this message

I'm interested to book your property but i saw the same one for a lower price can you look on airbnb.associates/rooms/215663/ and tell me if it's yours too ? Because i will prefer to book for that price . Thank You !

Is it scam?

When i go to that link i end up on airbnb.vegas and then it changes again..

Seems strange.

4 Replies 4
Patrizia16
Level 10
Rome, Italy

@Giuseppe5

Surely it is a scam ... you need to report to Airbnb it ... use the warning flag ..

⚠️ ✉→ Inviato da Cellulare... Ignorare errori di battitura e correzione automatica®
Ritsuko0
Level 2
Shinjuku, Japan

YES it is a SCAM - It is a phishing attempt sent from an account that has already been compromised by phishing the user for their user login info.

However, you have not revealed how the scam gang were able to bypass the redaction of all links from the Airbnb message threads.

Did you receive this message via the Airbnb message thread? If so how exactly did the link look?

Thanks.

John

Hi Ritsuko, i received this message as a normal booking enquiry and i know people shouldn't be able to add link so i thought it was real. I changed my password. Do you know which kind of scam is and  what they do with the stolen account? The link redirected to an airbnb.vegas and airbnb.co.in. it looked like the normal airbnb website, same look in everything.

thanks

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Yes, it's a scam. Others have reported it here as well. Don't click on the link. If you've logged in, then they have your Airbnb info including passwords. Be sure to report it to Airbnb.