PETITION AGAINS UNJUST DEACTIVATIONS

Kim15
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

PETITION AGAINS UNJUST DEACTIVATIONS

I am completely shocked as well! 

I have been a host for several years now and have hosted over 100 guests almost all of which have enjoyed my flat and are intending to return in the future! What the hell is going on?!

I would like to start a PETITION asap to send to airbnb headquarters, this is absolutely ridiculous and unwarranted!

Worse, I find it offensive and unprofessional no individual feedback is given in regards to the reasoning behind this unjust deactivations, especially after the company has made god knows how much money off all of our apartments!

Please EMAIL me asap if you want to sign the petition, this matter needs to be flagged in the community and resolved fairly! 

Thank you. 

7 Replies 7
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hey Kim, I'm sorry that you're caught unawares about this shutdown.  It's been happening over and over in many cities, and you can use the search function above to look for many similar posts.  

I just looked at your profile and your listing is still up.  DId you have more then one listing?  If so, I'm sure that's the issue.   Airbnb has indicated publicly that they will comply with local laws and that means shutting down listings that they feel are not in accordance with local laws/ordinances.   

The part that some find a bit odd and hard to take is that they are not transparent in what is happening, so they usually call or send an email indicating that your listing is "not offering the authentic experience" which is pretty broad and vague.  

In any case, I am not sure that a petition or any other action will result in a change of mind, as it's pretty well a done deal.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kim15 @Maria-Lurdes0 Hi Kim.....Hey, I agree with your sentiments 100%, but there are 'wheels within wheels' going on here, and it is possible....reading through many posts from differing cities where Airbnb type activities are being virtually 'outlawed' that Airbnb may possibly be in a fight for survival here. Home hosting was treated as a 'curio' for about a decade....in fact many authorities supported it because it was good for local tourism! But that curio now has 50 million hosting under it's belt and it is hurting the traditional hospitality market around the world seriously....and the traditional industry has a mighty big pot of money at their disposal to protect their interests.

I am, with trepadation, looking to see what will happen on Feb 9th with this de-activation thing. I guess we all learn a lot more then, but it does look like there are going to be a lot of 'sacraficial lambs' to the greater good....as it were! It just would have been a really basic touch to at least warn those affected with a half decent explanation!

Kim I would be a bit reticent about giving out your email...I know you are passionate, and possum, I am right behind you but, you may get a lot of mail that would not be in your best interests. I do like your spirit though!.....cheers.....Rob

Peter0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

There was a host in London, UK, I think, who was reported to have been delisted last year and taken Airbnb to court claiming damages for having removed him from the business.  Does anyone know what happened to the case?  It might even have been about defamation of his character.  

Paula17
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hey Kim, I just saw your message about a petition, and I'd like to join you- I've been de-listed too, in spite of great reviews, and no explanation, just a blank wall. 

Please let me know , Paula

Hi Kim,

I have been de listed too, despite warm and positive reviews.

It's very unproffesional not to offer an explanation, let me know where I can sign!!

lydia

Hi Kim, few months have passed since your post, today I tryed to re-activeted two of my oldest listing (2011 - many good and warm reviews and a lot of work behind) after a snooze period from home sharing market ..ehat I found: activation denied, any chance to make them visible.

No messages, no explications..nothing of nothing from a representative of a company which declare to be a "community"..this make me feel sick, really.

Anyways, I am totally with you, f there is still a petiotion to sign I will do it, a message to send , i will do it, anything that could help to let them hear our voice.

greetings from Barcelona, 

Paola

I'll sign it, just tell us where it is... Your email is not visible, at the bottom I can see ***.

I was also deactived for no specific reason. I got a link for reading some advice, and I was told that doing so would re-activate my listing. It went through all the tutorial and they are now written down as 100% done, but my listing is still deactivated.

I had nice reviews and I received some happy follow-up messages from guests. I don't understand.

If airbnb is really "fighting for survival", I hope it's gonna die, and that the next platform to rise up will be better. They make billions and they can't even hire some support staff, come on...