Is this spam? Got email saying my listed property "will be removed from our platform"

Thomas24
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Is this spam? Got email saying my listed property "will be removed from our platform"

I got an email from "automated@e.airbnb.com" with message below. Is this spam? When I log into Airbnb, I don't see any such warning; and my last 3 reviews have been 5 stars.

I'm confused - thanks for the help!

Dear Thomas,

Airbnb guests enjoy staying in local homes and enjoying authentic and unique travel experiences. Unfortunately, our systems have shown that the listing mentioned below is not delivering the kind of local hospitality experience guests are looking for. In line with our Terms of Service,

[my property title]

will be removed from our platform on 9 February 2016. 

Please understand that this determination was not made due to a single attribute, but an overall combination of various criteria.

You may continue to manage all of your bookings via our site until 9 February 2016. These bookings must be managed in accordance with our Hospitality Standards and Terms of Service.

After 9 February 2016, you will no longer be able to accept reservations for this specific listing and your listing will no longer appear in our search results.
 After 9 February 2016, you will still be able to use our site to manage your existing reservations as long as you comply with our Terms of Service.

You will not be able to relist this particular space on our platform. We regret to inform you about this. It is in the best interest of our community to uphold the standards and local and genuine experience they expect.

Best regards,

Airbnb Ireland

24 Replies 24
Stanley1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Thomas, 

I'm a superhost & I received the same email (with the same 9th Feb date) I really do hope its Spam! 

I havent received any further info from air b n b via the website.

Let me know if you find anything out.

Thanks

Stan

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Thomas24  @Stanley1

There is a loooong thread on the subject here

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/LISTING-REMOVED/m-p/4646#M706

Could it be something about laws and regulations for short term in London ?

Thanks Stan and Marit, I read the other thread and it does seem like spam. No one seems to have any property actually taken down as far as I know. And the source of the email e.airbnb I think -- seems weird. I'll wait it out and see what happens.

Stanley1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Thomas,

I wanted to think it was spam too. But when you read through the thread, Poor Peter in Barcelona had his listing deactivated. Thats on the the third page. It's also notweworthy that this happend to other hosts in Amsterdam etc as government cracked down on regulations. Thomas if you want to have a coffee and discuss how we proceed Im happy to do that. And if any other host's or super hosts have received the same email then please read the thread kindly posted and contact us on here. It seems very arbitary to cancel a successful listing at short notice with no genuine explanation. 

Also Thomas on the e.airbnb email address I thought the same thing but again if you read the thread in detail it appears to be an official email.

Best

Stan

In Barcelona we received the same email a month ago.. 4 of our properties were deactivated without explanation and i know 3 other managers than happened the same. 

@Thomas24  

The BBC are doing an investigation, if this has happened to you  contact amirsadjady

on twitter

Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It's also in Amsterdam

Joey-And-David0
Level 5
Bath, United Kingdom

Hi Thomas

Reading through your listing your one House Rule is 'no overnight guests'. In the Terms of Service it says:

""Guest" means a Member who requests from a Host a booking of an Accommodation via the Site, Application or Services, or a Member who stays at an Accommodation and is not the Host for such Accommodation."

I'm just wondering if the system has picked up your use of the word 'guest' and is presuming that no booked in guests are allowed to stay overnight? It may be worth changing this to 'no extra visitors are allowed to stay over night...' or some such thing.

Kind regards Joey

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Stanley1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Im finding it strange I havent received any notifcation about this in the dashboard, only via an email (which is listed as an email) and seems to be automated / generic.

Ive been trying to contact air b n b to confirm but struggling to get through to anyone. 

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Stan

@Stanley1 Fastest way to contact is on twitter: @Airbnbhelp

Stanley1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Clare. Ive messaged them and they got straight back to me 'We can confirm that this email was sent from our team. We will forward your inquiry to the right department and we will follow up with you as soon as possible. Thanks' 

@Thomas24 I'd advise you to do the same by direct messaging on twitter. 

Hopefully I wont have to leave this lovely community. Where else could I find such quick, easy and friendly help on the only issue I've ever had with Air b n b. 

Thanks @Marit-Anne0 @Clare0 @Joey-And-David0 for all your help.

All the best in the future.

Stan

@Stanley1  Well, here's hoping they give you an explanation, but usually they don't.  Many hosts in Amsterdam, Barcelona and even a Super Host in Thailand had their listings removed.  Have you possibly run afoul of any local laws re short term stays?

Jac0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I'm a superhost I've received the same email but about two listings which together have nearly 150 reviews almost all 5 stars for nearly 3 years. The phone customer service has confirmed it's real and that the decision is final. I can't comprehend why they would want to get rid of good hosts! Anyone who has any information please let us know!