how to upload a photo of ID to verify

Lisa37
Level 3
Pelican Lagoon, Australia

how to upload a photo of ID to verify

I need to verify my photo government ID to book with another host.
I can't work out how to do it.
I do not have a camera on my PC, and if I take a photo of my passport, where is the fuction to upload the photo file?

I am a host, who has taken many bookings in the last year.  This is my first experience with making a booking and it is very frustating.
Surely it should not b e this hard to verify!

100 Replies 100
Brad26
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

I have the same problem. Did you manage to solve it?

HI i cant work it out

You have to use your cellular phone to scan the document. I did drivers liscense. For the drivers lisence it will want you scan the front side first. You have to frame the your driver's lisense with the rectangle on your phone's screen so that each side of the rectangle on your cell phone's screen has a thin green bar across it. The green bars will appear on your cell phone's screen as you frame a side. You also have to hold the phone very steady. To do this you can put a side of the phone on a floor or a counter. Once you get the four bars and the camera focus is clear from being held stable the cell phone will scan.

The back side of the driver's lisence is looking at the bar code. Just keep the cell phone's camera  aimed at the back of the driver's lisense. Keep the aim steady. Again brace the phone on a counter or the floor to keep the aim steady.

No green line appears! It's so frustrating 

Thanks so much for the detailed instructions.  I've been trying to do this for days.  I called Airbnb customer service and got no help whatsoever.  Turns out, I wasn't holding the phone still enough. 

Chad, I don't have a smart phone and have spent 3-4 hours trying to scan both my license and my passport. I also tried taking a picture of my license on my compurter using Photobooth (I have a MacBook Air). I spoke with one Airbnb rep this morning, who assured my the scanning the passport will work. It hasn't. I tried enlarging it and saving it as a both a Word document and a pdf, and now the message says that it is too big (I loaded the pdf--it won't let me load the Word doc)

. I agree with the other comments--incredibly frustrating.

I did this to a tee and it still did not work

Tried this but the AirBnB uploader still wouldn't upload - even tho we'd reduced the photos to 2MB. Really annoying, as we have quite a few more to book & can foresee hours of hassle up coming..

I have had the same problem - been trying for last 24hours needed to book the room - was my first go at airbnb and this is **bleep**TEEEEEEEEEEE - am NEVER going to use AIRBNB due to this!@!!!!!

I'm. Also having problems scanning my passport photo. Holding my phone as steady as I can and it won't detect anything. So frustrating as I have a few hours left to book

Sheryl13
Level 1
South Australia, Australia

Has anyone managed to sort out how to do this & provide a practical guide?

This is a crap system. Took half an hour and gave up on passport. Then tried drivers licence: front scanned EVENTUALLY, but back simply wouldn’t. Seems it was looking for a bar code- in SA no bar code. All up at least an hour. Incredible frustrating. 

Instructions please

everyone is right, scanning from the app doesn't work

what worked for me: i took a photo of both sides of my licence, emailed it to myself and saved them to my desktop. i then went into the verification part of my profile and chose the option to upload from the computer (not the app). i then uploaded both photographs and they were accepted.