how to upload a photo of ID to verify

Lisa37
Level 3
Pelican Lagoon, Australia

how to upload a photo of ID to verify

I need to verify my photo government ID to book with another host.
I can't work out how to do it.
I do not have a camera on my PC, and if I take a photo of my passport, where is the fuction to upload the photo file?

I am a host, who has taken many bookings in the last year.  This is my first experience with making a booking and it is very frustating.
Surely it should not b e this hard to verify!

100 Replies 100

I got as far as having photos on my computer and going to the verifcation part of my profile, choosing the option to upload from the computer - but then I dragged the file to the appropriate box and it wouldn't upload - is there any trick? any specific type of file that works? Did you upload by dragging or by another method?

I have done this at least 12 times! It doesn't work! Maybe the management at Airbnb need to return from vacation and fix this horrid system!

I took photos of both sides, but could not upload them by dragging them to the page where the forms were.  Did not work.

What page is this?  I don't even see the page let alone drag anything there!

I tried your method after unsuccessfully trying to hold my phone and tilting and not getting a good shot, and YOUR METHOD WORKED! THANKS! Maybe you need to get a job with this company and show them how it's done right!

Serita2
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Were the photos in pdf format?

small world Sarah

Rosalyn0
Level 1
Leeds, United Kingdom

I have been trying for the last 2 hours and I just go around in circles. Can someone help please?

I found that it has something to do with the browser you use on a computer.  The option to provide a Government-issued ID may not show up if you are using IE or Safari.  Try the Airbnb app on a phone or use Chrome.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/How-to-help-a-guest-upload-a-government-id-if-they-are-already...

Thank you!!  I was going crazy with this for ages, then did it in 2 seconds after reading your advice 🙂

Iv'e bee trying to down load my driving licence to book a room the past 3 hours , what a crap idea. whoever sat this thing up needs sacking!

I followed all the links and still can't get it done

Did you try the Safari browser?

I just see a blank white space, when I try to upload my picture of my drivers license. I’ve used Chrome and Safari, app on phone and IPAD, but I can’t get it to work.  What am I suppose to do at the blank white space?

Thank you,

Rhonda

I am using Chrome and it doesn't work either.  What's up with this AirBnb?