'You're at risk'

Klaas0
Level 1
Nelson, New Zealand

'You're at risk'

I've noticed a notification on my Dashboard saying that we're 'At risk' and that our 'account could be suspended if you don’t focus on improving to meet Airbnb hosting standards.' When I click on more info, the only 'bad' thing we've done was cancel a booking some six months ago. Is that really all it takes to get a warning like this? Feels a bit extreme! All our reviews are 4/5 stars and response rate is really good too, its just the commitment rate that took a beating when we cancelled that one booking due to unforseem circumstances.

Anyone else got a message like this? How can I make the notification disappear? It feels really unfair when we work so hard for our guests!

29 Replies 29
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

If that "unforseen circumstance" falls under the "extenuating circumstances" policy, you could contact Airbnb to get it striked from your record, which will improve your commitment rate.

Thanks for your reply, Cynthia and Chris, much appreciated. I will look up the extenuating circumstances, it don't think we'll qualify as we canceled the booking so we could accommodate a family member who, the very same day, told us they'd decided to come to NZ.

Still, it's only one cancelled booking out of over a hundred...the 'at risk' warning seems a bit extreme.

I agree, it's bogus and does not accurately reflect the perception of my listing as it appears in reviews.  it's clearly automated, otherwise a human would read the comments in our reviews and realize we are an asset, not a liability.  I've never brought anything from the community level to Air B&B so not sure how to proceed.  I'm happy to support any movement that actually identifies truly "at risk" hosts, rather than this insulting randomness...

I'm still trying to get this off my host page! It is bogus and I do not know how... Maybe I should numb to it...

I read somewhere that some host got it removed... Please let me know!

Debra61
Level 1
South West Rocks, Australia

I just had the same thing, I had to cancel a booking in the early days in October 2016 when I was still learning how to manage my availability and have had great response since but this worries me because I really enjoy being a host. But, nothing I can do but to retain good communications I guess and standards.

Patrick242
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I just noticed this message too and was shocked because I have 94% 5 start ratings with over 100 guests in the last year and a half, and excellent feedback. I did have to cancel several reservations because of some unforseen family business and had to go out of town but the cancellations were made months in advance.

I agree, it seems unfair and unwarranted to slap a "you're at risk " notice on anyone that has had to cancel a reservation when otherwise their ratings are superb. 

I'm going to write to management and see what they have to say.

Hi Patrik,

how do you contact airbnb? I have the same problem and they put me into risk because I cancelled the first reservation 6months before because airbnb gave the villa for a hidiously cheap price for an luxurious villa due to the automatic rate I put by accident. 

Kriszti, it seems impossible to contact management. In the future if you need to cancel a reservation , choose the "I'm not comfortable with this guest" option and you won't get a black mark. Personally I don't like letting them choose the price  and I don't like instant book. I want the option to review every guest especially because I'm an in house host so it's very personal having folks stay with me...

Thank you Patrick! I will do in the future!

Filbert0
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I have the same thing on my host page, and it makes me feel like I'm a bad host! How long do I need to wear this negative badge on my home page? I've cancelled on ONE guest in over 5 years of hosting!!!   Here's what mine looks like:

Hosting summary
You’re at risk
Your account could be suspended if you don’t focus on improving to meet Airbnb hosting standards.

January earnings
30-day views

Overall rating
Total reviews
5-star reviews

Chris396
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Also got the same message on my acount 'at risk'

100% commitment rate, 100% response rate, and 4.5/5 with 67% 5* reviews. I honestly have no idea why they'd want to suspend my listing.

Thanks for your replies everyone. Seems like it's a common problem and we all agree it's unfair. How can we bring this to Airbnb's attention?

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Aren't they (Airbnb) after 80% five-star reviews? I remember getting a telling off after one ropey review!

've had the same thing here! Hello Airbnb-Are you there? I want this negativity off my host page...!