Why should I wait 2 months for a payout?

Why should I wait 2 months for a payout?

Our guest already checked in on 03/02/2017.  Why should we wait until 02/04/2017 for the payout?

8 Replies 8
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Attie0,

Could it be a mixup with the American way of writing dates?

Airbnb often writes dates as month/day/year so if they sent an email saying payment will be on 02/04/2017 it means February the 4th.

That would be the day after the guest checked in and would be normal for stays of less than 28 days.

See the article below for information on how the payment system works.

When do I get paid?

Steve.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's a great point @Steve143 - it might well explain it! Dates can be confusing if you're not used to the American way!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Who told you - you would have to wait two months?

It's normally around two days if you are using a bank account to receive payments.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Attie0, did you receive your payment today? 02/04/2017 is sometimes the way Feb 4, 2017 is written. I know you are seeing it as Apr 2. Different countries have different rules for the month/day order. 

In the US, where Airbnb is based February 4, 2017 would be written 02/04/2017

Kamal7
Level 2
Mumbai, India

Hi,

I have hosted three different guests in my two apartments and inspite of umpteen calls to AIRBNB INDIA and messages, no proper message from them, just stereotype ones that they will look into the matter.

Guests cannot book without payment, why should hosts not get payment for long when AIRBNB informs that within 24 hours PAYOUT INTIMATION is sent.  In my case NO PAYOUT INTIMATION for all three bookings.

Disgusted with their attitude.

KAMAL

Kamal, I feel your pains. After all our effort to get our property ready and be the best hostess, its very upsetting that we cant get promptly paid as promised. In my case, its worse that they said payout was done but 11 days later I still see no money. Whats more frustrating is there is no email or phone number to call and talk to someone for real.

This is bad!

Elizabeth305
Level 2
Drysdale, Australia

I am new to this but its very disappointing that I had to look everyday for my money and its just not there 11 days later.  I gave them my ANZ Bank account, am in Australia.  Does it mean this money has to come thru USA?

Can any one help advise me how I can get an email to Airbnb instead of going thru all the zest of feedback, etc. etc. I clicked contact us and its just a waste of time with no place to voice my queries.

Very discouraging!