Why is my listing not appearing in search results?

Melinda32
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

Why is my listing not appearing in search results?

Hello everyone,

I see that many of us is struggling with the same problem; I am absolutely unable to find my listing when I search. Of course when I try Airbnb Help, it shows my flat. But whoever else does a search, it cannot be found. I have used all kinds of search options and limits, I have zoomed onto the street fully and nothing. I am completely new, so I suggested it might take some time to appear. But that makes no sense. I can't even say that I overpriced the place, because all the apartments around have almost the same price or higher.

So what might be the reason and how in the hell do I fix it?
Thank you!

(It took me ways too long to get through all the bureucratic stuff and I guess I am a bit frustrated that I bump into more obstacles here.)

21 Replies 21
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Melinda32

I have searched, without dates, for an entire flat, for 2 people - and then narrowed the price band - your property came up on the first page. Unfortunately as you have no reviews your listing will always be way down the list of places in Budpest (and there are hundreds and hundreds of them!). Keep changing your text, photo order, etc which will give you a boost. 

Are you just a bit under the going rate for your area - that would help to get a few bookings and then reviews, which will mean higher placing in a general search. There is a lot of competition in Budapest and it looks to me like there are brand new, modern flats, slightly more central which are going for a cheaper nightly rate (although I may be wrong on that point as I dont know the city very well)

One other comment: you say Tax Not Included: you should specify how much this tax is per night/ or per person.

Wow, thank you! I still cannot find it tho, but I am calmer now that I know you could get through. I will specify the tax and change pictures as you say – thank you for the tips.
About the flat; it is really central, 5th district is The Inner City though Budapest is not big so it might be hard to tell. Maybe tourists go somewhere else because of the high prices... Guess I'll have to rethink my strategy. And sure, our pics are low quality, I will get new ones made ASAP.

Thank you for your time, anyway – it helped a lot!

@Melinda32

Your pictures are kinda dark, try to use a trypod or arrange for free Airbnb photography. I think if you impove your photos you'll get a lot more viewing traffic which will also boost your search rank. If nobody flips trough your pix, if they don't spend any time looking at your listing, you will not be moving up within search 😞

Search on "Mona's Point Budapest Airbnb", her photos are awsome, you'll see what I'm talking about 🙂

Not my listing, by the way, she just accidentally has similar name 🙂

Victor12
Level 2
Toronto, Canada
Ramona21
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

Dear Melinda,

Im Ramona from Budapest.I have the same problem.I cant find my places just sometimes and not all of theme.Im new on airbnb.Did you solve your problem?I check my listing every day and im getting angry because i cant find theme.

@Ramona21

If you answer somebody and you want them to see your response for sure use the @ funcion. If you just say Hi Melinda, she might not get an allert that you messaged her 🙂

I ran a search on you property (on Broadway), had to move the map a bit but it acctually showed up on the 3rd page. By the way, all of your listings are beautiful! The bad news is, you guys have an insane amount of competition and all of the other listings look awsome.

I know it's soooooo frustrating to not see your own listing but just hang in there. Meanwhile, play around with your calendar (block dates, unblock dates, change prices up/down 2-3 dollars) and change the listing description (just a few words maybe) EVERY SINGLE DAY! I know it sounds crazy but the more time you spend on your listing and the Airbnb website, the more it'll move up in search. Right now it isn't so bad because Airbnb gave you a boost as it does for every brand new listing. But within a few days/weeks that boost will not be there, you have to constantly play around to better your chances in search. More viewing traffic = higher rank.

Hope this help!

Happy hosting 🙂

Hi Community.

I play around with my listing most days, updating the calander, tweaking photos etc

and still cant find it when I search. My other listings have no issues like this one!!

I find it really frustrating that I and other hosts are unable to get to Airbnb administration.

It's really not good enough especially for such a big organisation....

I have also checked my Stats which show 34 in one month, I think these are just my own views!!!!

Hope someone can shine some light on this and really looking forwad to clearing this issue as I should be

collecting bookings for this summer.

Steph

Hey @Ramona21
I can't say that the problem is solved but I got a guest for this week, she arrives on Thursday so we'll try to do our best to get a good review. Otherwise I am trying to do what @Monika64 says, and change some info and details, price and days in the calendar. I hope it will do.
About the pics, the problem is that the flat is not easy to be photographed. I have called a girl who makes professional photos and she couldn't find a good angle either. I could raise the exposure and contrast to the skies but that would be all fake. I'll think about how to make it look real and still have excellent quality.
Thank you for all your answers, anyway 🙂 I really feel supported.

Francis45
Level 2
Munich, Germany

Help.

AngelaMaria1
Level 1
Bogotá, Colombia

I'm having the same problen. I'm getting fedup with airbnb and have to struggle all the time with the same problems without having a definite solution. It is really frustrating. Here is the link to my listing. May be somebody can find it. Thanks.

https://www.airbnb.com.co/rooms/5673548?preview

@AngelaMaria1 I will recommend your place if one of my friends would go to Colombia, I absolutely love your pics. I wish I could go myself 🙂 Hope things will turn better for you. I couldn't find out what's wrong with the site, but really, keep checking your listing without being signed in to your account and change things as often as possible. I also see some connection between my activity and the number of people who were at least interested in the flat. 
Don't give up!

I have tried many ways to see my listing- it does not appear at all using the applicable search criteria- and I have superhost status.  Getting to the bottom of anything slightly out of the ordinary-although I see many people have the same issue- is highly frustrating on this platform 

I am having the same problems.  This is our third year on AirBNB and up until now it has been brilliant...but it's like our listing has vanished.  Not even listed on th map. I can find it if I look hard enough, but it doesn't readily appear as it always had.  But still nothing on the map listings.  I'm have "superhost" statis too.  ha.

Suka0
Level 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I also have the same problem. i try to find many times but its unable to find my home. Please help me!!!