What makes a guest's profile "complete?"

Sharla0
Level 4
Chattanooga, TN

What makes a guest's profile "complete?"

I've been getting requests from a number of guests who do have verifications and a pic, but no other information on their profile. And often they don't tell the truth about where they live or the information is outdated. What do y'all consider the minimum info on a potential guest's profile that makes it complete? I mean, we are inviting these folks into our homes...

2 Replies 2

For me a profile is complete with a picture, personal information, fully verified and they have a location identified.  We counsel all guests to fill out the "about me" section of their profile, even if they are verified.  I remind them that it helps hosts understand if they will be a good match as host and guest.  We do not accept reservations without a picture where we can id their face and a fully verified by Airbnb profile.   We push for that profile detail and if they don't have it, we ask them a lot of questions about how they like to travel.  We use instant book and used to require a previous positive review, but we recently turned that off because it simply blocks your listing from showing up for a new user if you have IB turned on and a lot of our guests, frankly, are new.  

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sharla0

Fully agree with @Alice-and-Jeff0 - the only thing that we are never that concerned about is location. People set up an account and then over the course of 2, 3 5 years move city, country etc. So, I don't think they are 'not telling the truth' its just they use AirBnB infrequently and never thought of updating their profile. No harm in asking them where they are now living (as opposed to where they are from - which is different of course).

As long as they are verified, have a photo and the booking feels right then we go for it - so far that has worked!