Using the Airbnb photos on another website to publicise my listing

Dave110
Level 2
Heywood, United Kingdom

Using the Airbnb photos on another website to publicise my listing

Hi   I have been asked by the company that I purchased my luxurious bed throw from, if they could use the picture on my listing, in their newsletter and on their website (customers photos section). I would like to do this as it will publicise my Airbnb listing to a new audience and give Airbnb more publicity in general.

Please soes anyone know who I contact to ask permission, as I dont want to use the picture without, as per T&Cs.  

My listing is at [link removed]

Many thanks

Dave

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Dave110 you don't actually state in your question who owns the copyright to the photos. 😉

BNB state clearly on their terms for using their photograpy, that you cannot use the photos they commission and pay for other than for the purpose of your listing.

If another company wants to promote their bed spread they can either send a photography along, or if you are keen, you could just replicate the photo or get a local freelance in to do a shoot which you could co-own copyright for.

Dave110
Level 2
Heywood, United Kingdom

@Helen3  Thanks Helen - ooops, yes AirBnB sent the photographer, I understand that is their policy (you can't use the pics elsewhere) but I wondered if there were and discretion or exceptions, given that it would add value to the platform.

Just do not use airbnb for your photos because you pay for them actually. Just use a professional photographer with whom you have direct contact. Be in control

Dave110
Level 2
Heywood, United Kingdom

Thanks - Airbnb did not charge for the photos they took for my listing and the proffessional photographer they sent alomg did a fabulous job - I understand the free photos service AirBnB isnt available everywhere though.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

@Dave110I see the link to your listing is removed from your posting (by Airbnb), but if i view your profile, there is no listing at all.

Best,Emiel