Unresponsive host

Ian129
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Unresponsive host

I am travelling to Chefchoeun in Morrocco in two days and have not received any response from the host about my impending arival other than the automatic booking confirmation. His listing suggests that I cannot cancell the booking without losing most or all of the fee. I am uncertain now that I will arrive and he will not be there to let me in - what do I do? Can this be a scam? I have sent him three messages on AirBnb and rung his phone number twice with no reply - Ian

6 Replies 6
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ian129

Get Airbnb involved- you will have contact details for them on your booking confirmation- or contact them via Twitter (search for Airbnbhelp)

Thanks for the feedback - I have just done that and they are on the case  - feeling better. Will know more in a few hours. I really appreciate your input. Cheers - Ian

Did you ever resolve this issue? We are having the same issue currently

Yes I did resolve it with AirBnb's help. I rang them directly. They asigned a case manager who followed throught very well and helped me find alternative accommodatiom without penalty - in fact they gave me 10% compensation on the next booking.  I have always found that if I cannot resolve a booking issue or something that really appears wrong - I can call them directly and it has always worked out - - Good luck - Ian

Call AirBnB they will contact the host for you.

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Ian129  I am glad you feel better about your coming trip.  Air BNB fees cover these type of circumstances so I hope you will always feel like you can get them involved when there are any questions.  There are many reasons that can cause a delay in host response, some of which may be technical, so it is a good idea to nail down arrival plans early in the reservation process if you can.  Have a wonderful trip!