Unblocking Cancellations

Answered!
Steve196
Level 1
Prospect, Australia

Unblocking Cancellations

I need some advice. I blocked some dates in my Airbnb calender for a booking from another accomodation site. That booking has now been cancelled. Between these two events I have started to utilise the services of a booking service to make sure all my calenders are up to date. My calanders are correct on the other sites but I can`t find a way to remove them on Airbnb, there is no Block/Unblock option on the right of the page as there used to be.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

1 Best Answer
Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

56 Replies 56
Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

@Heather172

This question has ben answered in this thread by 5 different people prior to you asking....

You should not have cancelled the booking and now the system has blocked your calendar.

There is no first cancellation free on AirBnb

You're paying the price for cancelling and thats just the way it is

One of the consequences of cancelling, the dates are blocked

They will learn when cancellation penalties eat up all their profits.

Heather172
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks Diane, I totally understand about the cancelling issue, However each case is different. My guests booked the wrong dates, now they want to re book the right dates. So my guests are being punished by not being able to re book. How is that good management when only ONE rule applies to EVERY situation. Definitely a flaw in the system that needs to reviewed, Im sure there are plenty of other hosts with the same issues. And how the heck do I contact someone from Air bnb apart from the community boards? Cheers

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

NY Brusque?

Anyway there is no way, you cancelled, your calendar is blocked, never cancel. If a guest wants to cancel the guest cancels.

David
Thomas213
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

i cancelled a booking ..they booked ..then said there was 4 adults and a child..I didnt think this was suitable ..i dont accomodate 5 people...also they changed the booking dates 3 times...now my dates are blocked out ..How do I get these dates back up and available.???,,...kind regards ...tommy

you dont

Hi Tommy, unfortunately you can't unblock them. A major flaw with this system of air bnb. 

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Thomas213   @Heather172

One thing to remember if you can't change a booking (am assuming you saw that this is possible) and you really need to cancel it because of a valid reason - NEVER. EVER. EVER. CANCEL. BY. YOURSELF. WITHOUT. THE. HELP. OF. AIRBNB.

Call them! Now since you didn't know that, I suppose you also don't know how to contact Airbnb:

Go to Hosts Discussion Room on this forum and at the top is a post that has all of the important links for hosts including the different ways to contact them. 

Thankyou Andrea. Much Appreciated!

Hi Heather...cant find the .."how to contact airbnb "....can you help be a bit more specific ...thankyou ..tommy

The Community guide to contacting ABB is in the Community Help, a sticky second from the top.

David
Ronald39
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi. I have just joined AirBnB as a host and while setting up my profile, i inadvertantly listed the property. within 1 hour i had an instant booking which i rejected and cancelled as the site details were not complete. now i cannot unblock the dates cancelled and these dates are important for future bookings.

How do i get these dates unblocked?

you dont

Lucia152
Level 6
Windham, NY

In a case where the cancellation is due to the GUEST not observing the rules (essentially, the check-in time is part of the hosts' "rules") -- wouldn't a solution be to ask the GUEST to cancel? Then no one is penalized, unless this occurs too close to the reservation date - then the guest might lose some of their fee, but that's their fault. I would think that AirBnB would uphold the host's rights in such a case...

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@James422

Do keep us updated as to how AirBnB resond with your issue.

David
Jamie104
Level 1
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

Just call airbnb and they can clear the calendar for you.  Some of you 'helpers' have a real attitude problem....